Microsoft Dynamics SL version 2015 was released on October 1, 2014, a full month earlier than anticipated.
There are significant enhancements in this release. Web Apps that were released for Dynamics SL 2011 Feature Pack 1 have been enhanced, and more Web Apps added. These Apps will replace Business Portal, which is not available for Dynamics SL 2015.
Here is a sampling of what 2015 includes:
· Streamlined Multi-Company Processing
· Enhanced Multi-Company Security for Projects
· Basic Resource Management Web App now available
· Financial Enhancements in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
· Payroll enhancements to remove redundant or unnecessary steps
· Enhanced Reporting throughout, including refreshable Excel files in Quick Query
· Dynamics SL Web Apps provide browser-based access to view and enter data through a tablet, smartphone or desktop machine:
o Project Timesheet entry
o Project Correcting Timecards
o Project Expense Entry (with receipt attachments)
o Project Expense Reports
o Project Maintenance & Inquiry
o Budget Maintenance, Revisions & Inquiry
o Project Invoice Approval
o Item Request Entry & Approval
· Source Code for Web Apps gives you the ability to customize screens by adding/removing fields or by adding code.
Of course, Dynamics SL 2011 will be supported until 7/12/2016, but if you plan on upgrading during calendar year 2015, I would be happy to provide you with a preliminary services estimate so you can budget appropriately for this transition. Please review the system requirements for compatibility with your existing infrastructure. Thanks, Tanya Kratzer (608) 826-2092